YDS SORULARI İÇİN ÖRNEK SORU ÇEŞİTLERİ ve ÇALIŞMALARI.DİKKAT EDİLECEK HUSUSLAR!YDS TEKNİKLERİ.
Yabancı Dil Bilgisi Seviye Tespit Sınavı(YDS) İNGİLİZCE ÖRNEK SORULAR
1 . - 2 . sorularda, cümlede boş bırakılan yerlereuygun düşen sözcük ya da ifadeyi bulunuz.
1. Even quite late in the 20th century, many men assumed that entry into certain professions was their ---- right.
A) independent B) unaccountable C) adequate D) excessive E) exclusive
2. It ---- a mistake to think that all bacteria are harmful, as we ---- for long without some species.
A) is / had not survived B) would be / could not survive
C) will be / have not survived D) has been / may not have survived
E) had been / did not survive
3. - 7. sorularda, aşağıdaki parçada numaralanmış yerlere uygun düşen sözcük ya da ifadeyi bulunuz.
Although it could be argued that France has lost its position of unrivalled power in the fashion history to Italy, the same cannot be said about French perfume. (3)---- a 300-year history of making perfumes, French is still home to many of the world’s best-selling perfumes. The French perfumes are (4)---- developed in the town of Grasse located in the south of France. Grasse has a long history of perfume production, and until now, the perfume industry (5)---- hundreds of people in the town. The success of Grasse as a perfume manufacturer is (6)---- its Mediterranean climate in the south that enables the cultivation of many different types of flowers used to extract the perfume essence. (7)---- most modern French perfumes rely more on chemical than floral essence, inspiration for a perfume often comes from a natural source such as rose or vanilla.
3. A) At B) Into C) With D) From E) By
4.A) immensely B) abruptly C) concisely D) adversely
5.A) was employing B) is employing C) employs D) has employed
E) had employed
6.A) in comparison with B) due to C) as well as D) rather than
E) in spite of
7.A) Whenever B) Unless C) In case D) Even though
8.- 9. sorularda, verilen cümleyi uygun şekilde tamamlayan ifadeyi bulunuz.
8. Though the strategic value of submarines was demonstrated in World War I, ----.
A) William Bourne designed one of the first recorded plans for underwater navigation in 1580
B) the success of the German submarines prompted America to enter the war
C) it was only in World War II that they played a really key military role
D) the first nuclear-powered submarine was named USS Nautilus
E) conditions on submarines, even in peace time, were enough to crush most people
9. Teachers cannot be criticized for failing to promote engineering ----.
A) so the manner in which design is presented is of great significance
B) that it is not a required field of study in most technical universities
C) whether students should follow advanced maths and science courses to qualify for engineering school
D) if they have not been exposed to it themselves before
E) as some students might have a special skill for designing
10.-11. sorularda, verilen İngilizce cümleye anlamca en yakın Türkçe cümleyi, Türkçe cümleye anlamca en yakın İngilizce cümleyi bulunuz.
10. Genetics alone cannot explain how certain ethnic groups use no dairy products, yet still maintain calcium balance.
A) Genetik, belirli etnik grupların nasıl hiç süt ürünükullanmadıkları halde yine de kalsiyum dengesini koruduklarını tek başına açıklayamaz.
B) Bazı etnik grupların hiç süt ürünü kullanmama- larına karşın kalsiyum dengesini koruyabilmeleri, genetikle de açıklanamaz.
C) Hiç süt ürünü kullanmayan belirli etnik grupların kalsiyum dengesini nasıl korudukları sadece genetik etkenlerle açıklanamıyor.
D) Genetikle açıklanamasa da bazı etnik gruplar hiç süt ürünü kullanmamalarına rağmen kalsiyum dengesini koruyabilmektedir.
E) Belirli süt ürünlerini kullanmayan etnik grupların yine de kalsiyum dengesini koruyabilmeleri yalnız genetikle açıklanamaz.
11. "Uzay Laboratuvarı Projesi", insanların uzayda hiçbir olumsuz etkiyle karşılaşmadan uzun süre yaşayabileceğini ve çalışabileceğini göstermek için NASA tarafından tasarlanmıştır.
A) NASA wanted to determine through the design of"Project Skylab" just how long people could live and work in space without being exposed to any ill effects at all.
B) "Project Skylab" conducted by NASA supports that people can live and work in space for long periods of time without experiencing any negative effects.
C) The aim of NASA's "Project Skylab" was to determine whether people could live and work in space, without facing any adverse effects, over long periods of time.
D) NASA's aim in designing "Project Skylab" was to learn how long men could live and work in space without experiencing any devastating effects at all.
E) "Project Skylab" was designed by NASA to demonstrate that people can live and work in space for prolonged periods without facing any ill effects at all.
12. - 15. soruları aşağıdaki parçaya göre cevaplayınız.
It cannot be denied that buying locally grown food does offer big advantages, not just in freshness, but also in environmental savings. Imported foods, especially those flown in from the opposite hemisphere, use up huge amounts of jet fuel – 127 calories of fuel per calorie of Californian lettuce flown to Britain, and 66 calories of fuel per calorie of South African carrot; that at least is what a green research group based in London has estimated. Much of that cost is hidden from consumers, because air fuel attracts no tax – an advantage guaranteed by international treaty. And under the Kyoto Protocol, carbon emissions from international transports are not added to national carbon-emission tallies, because nobody can agree whose account to charge them to. But the fuel used to import food and drink to Britain continues to account for four million tonnes of CO2 emissions annually, which is about 2,5 per cent of the national total.
12. The author of the passage quotes figures supplied by a green research group ----.
A) that help one to judge the freshness of food
B) concerning the extent of CO2 aircraft emissions
C) which compare the calorific value of carrots grown in California and South Africa
D) to account for the convenience of Californian lettuce for transportation
E) but gives no assurance of their reliability
13. It is stated in the passage that the cost of transporting food from abroad by air is less expensive than one might imagine, ----.
A) as the fuel an international aircraft consumes is untaxed
B) because imported food usually costs no more than locally grown
C) though taste and freshness are dramatically lost
D) yet the resulting environmental hazards are increasing at a horrifying rate
E) but still prohibitive in many aspects
14. We learn from the passage that carbon emissions of aircraft travelling between countries ----.
A) do not have a detrimental effect upon the environment
B) cannot be measured very accurately
C) amount to an insignificant percentage of CO2emissions worldwide
D) are not ascribed to any particular country
E) should be reduced immediately to prevent irreversible environmental impacts
15. One important point made in the passage is that ----.
A) imported foodstuffs are often quite as fresh as locally grown ones
B) transport costs make imported food high-priced
C) food grown locally is to be preferred, for several reasons, to imported food
D) certain international bodies are seeking to tax air fuel
E) Britain imports more food and drink than any other country in Europe
16. soruda, karşılıklı konuşmanın boş bırakılan kısmını tamamlayabilecek ifadeyi bulunuz.
16. Edward: - How do people spend their money in Britain once the basic expenses have been met?
Winston: - It rather depends on the age group. The young ones like to eat out and go to night clubs and health clubs.
Edward: - ----
Winston: - They tend to spend quite a lot on improving their homes and their gardens.
A) What about the summer holidays? Where do they like to go?
B) Are you sure? I think they prefer to go to France or Spain at weekends.
C) How old are these young people you talk about?
D) That doesn't appeal to me. I must be getting old, since I don’t usually act as they do.
E) And what about the more sober middle-aged ones?
17. soruda, verilen cümleye anlamca en yakın cümleyi bulunuz.
17. Worries that the strong yen will hurt exports and strangle Japan's economic recovery, have pushed share prices sharply down.
A) The strong yen, which is having an adverse effect on exports and on the nation's economic position generally, is responsible for the sudden drop in share prices in Japan.
B) The strong yen is having an adverse effect on exports and putting an end to all Japan's hopes of economic recovery, and so share prices have dropped sharply.
C) Share prices have dropped noticeably in Japan as it is feared that the strong yen will adversely affect exports and make the nation's economic recovery impossible.
D) The sudden drop in share prices, and worries about the strong yen, are having an adverse effect on Japan's exports and indeed her economic recovery at large.
E) The noticeable drop in share prices in Japan has set people worrying about the yen, about exports and even about the process of economic recovery.
18. soruda, boş bırakılan yere, parçada anlam bütünlüğünü sağlamak için getirilebilecek cümleyi bulunuz.
18. Little was known in the past about the economic life of Hittite Anatolia. ---- For instance, we now know that the mining of such metals as copper, lead and silver, and that the metallurgical techniques used were relatively well advanced. Among agricultural activities, sheep farming was the most common, while in some districts horses were bred. In daily life, bread and beer were the staple foods in addition to dairy products.
A) On the other hand, the Hittites had a considerable reverence for the law.
B) However, some facts about the Hittite economy have been established in recent decades.
C) In fact, every Hittite subject, except the members of the privileged class, was forced to assist in such public works as the upkeep of roads and temples.
D) Originating from the area beyond the Black Sea, the Hittites first occupied central Anatolia, making their capital at Hattusha.
E) Evidently, regulations in the Hittite civil code protected farmers, and some prices were fixed.
19. soruda, cümleler sırasıyla okunduğunda parçanın anlam bütünlüğünü bozan cümleyi bulunuz.
19. (I) Some research in Belgium has shown that lung damage may occur in children and adults as a result of swimming in an indoor pool where the level of chlorine in the water exceeds 490 micrograms per cubic meter. (II) This is because a toxic gas builds up when chlorine reacts with organic chemicals in sweat and urine. (III) A survey of 1881 children in Brussels also revealed a strong link between asthma and pool attendance. (IV) The gas, nitrogen trichloride, is what gives indoor pools their distinctive smell. (V) And the younger the children were when they started swimming, the more likely they were to have asthma.
A) I B) Il C) III D) IV E) V
CEVAP ANAHTARI 1 E2 B3 C4 A5 D6 B7 D8 C9 D10 A11 E12 E13 A14 D15 C16 E17 C18 B19 D
YDS Sorularına Yönelik Gerekli Kaynaklar
Henüz yorum yapılmamış. İlk yorumu yapmak için tıklayın